Honors Studies Program
Take your educational journey to the next level
Stretch your intellectual and creative abilities by taking on challenges offered through HACC’s new Honors Studies Program. Make the leap beyond traditional learning for an engaging, innovative curriculum, close faculty mentorship and vibrant experiential learning opportunities in a collegial, dynamic, learner-centered environment.
HACC’s Honors Studies Program provides curricular and co-curricular opportunities that promote student excellence by encouraging the knowledge, skills, experience, and critical thinking and leadership abilities essential for a lifetime of integrative learning in a diverse and changing society.
In addition to engaging in more in-depth, intellectual pursuits in core honors general education subjects, you will pursue a secondary focus in a field/discipline of your choice. HACC offers close to 200 areas of study, including programs in mathematics and science, communications and social sciences, business and marketing, technology and trades, and allied health. In completing HACC’s Honors Studies Program, you not only develop independent, creative and critical thinking skills, you will pursue this secondary focus as a pathway to degree completion.
What you’ll gain
Upon successful completion of an Honors Degree, you will be able to:
- Recognize, interpret and evaluate creative expressions in a variety of artistic, historical, social and cultural frameworks
- Present and support ideas in an organized and effective manner consistent with the intended audience and purpose in both speaking and writing
- Use technology responsibly as a tool for communication and productivity
- Demonstrate effective research skills and information literacy by gathering credible sources and using sources appropriately
- Recognize, apply and relate mathematical and scientific principles, concepts and methodologies to varied experiences and environments
- Identify, assess and address ethical issues in person, social and global contexts
- Employ appropriate leadership styles in a variety of settings
Contact Heather Burns at email@example.com for the most current information about potential Honors Studies Program requirements.