Rules for Lab
- The computers and the technology available through the labs are for the purpose of academic research and assignments, i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, research.
- Avoid Internet web sites or any other sources that display pornographic or otherwise offensive content. (If you are unsure about the suitability of any material, ask a staff member for assistance).
- Downloading of software, games, chat programs, and utilities are not allowed in the lab.
- You may use the lab if you are a current student, HACC alumni or from the community. In cases where labs are full, priority will be given to current students working on class research.
- Do not reconfigure hardware or software in any manner.
- Do not save anything to the hard drive.
- Anyone making disturbances while using the lab will be asked to leave with possible loss of lab privilege for the rest the semester or longer.
- All users must abide by the local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Internet usage, especially in regard to minors.
- Avoid food and drinks near the computers.
- Clean your work area before you leave the lab.