College in the High School (Lancaster Campus)
HACC's College in the High School (CHS) program enables high school Juniors and Seniors to enroll in college-level courses that are taught at their high school or technical school.
CHS students earn dual enrollment credits from both HACC and their high school for approved HACC courses that may satisfy high school graduation requirements. These course credits become part of the student's permanent HACC record and can count towards a HACC degree program or can be transferred to a number of colleges and universities.
How College in the High School works:
- HACC and the high school identify HACC courses that may be offered to high school Juniors and Seniors.
- A high school teacher is approved and trained to teach the HACC course.
- The high school student applies for the CHS program and pays the required tuition and fees.
- At the end of the course the student receives a grade for the course on both a HACC transcript and the high school record.
Why should you participate in the College in the High School Program?
- Courses are offered at the high school so students do not have to travel to a HACC campus.
- Courses are offered at a significantly reduced tuition rate. Some school districts may pay students' tuition, fees and books.
- Courses provide HACC college credits which have a high rate of successful transfer to other colleges and universities.
- CHS students have access to HACC facilities, library and on-line resources, academic counseling and free tutoring services.
- Completing college credits gives college-bound high school students a head start and eases the transition from high school to college.
- Exposure to college-level coursework and student services may help undecided students develop post-secondary education plans.
For more information, contact:
Office of Secondary Partnerships
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
Telephone: (717) 358-2991
Fax: (717) 358-2951
Regular Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday ( May 13, 2013 - August 9, 2013)