Lancaster Tutor Schedule
for the week of May 20-23. Posted May 16 at 4:00pm.
SUMMER 2013 TUTORING: May 20th - August 8th [CLOSED Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in the summer]
Tutoring is a walk-in service; no appointments are necessary.
The Brossman Learning Center provides tutoring and academic skills -development at no cost to full and part time HACC students. Located at the back of the Library in MAIN 232, the Learning Center is staffed with trained peer and professional tutors who know how to help you succeed. During the spring and fall semesters, tutoring for a variety of courses is offered Mondays through Fridays, including some evenings. Saturday hours may also be available. During the summer semester, tutoring is available Mondays through Thursdays.
To maximize your tutoring session, please:
- Bring all necessary class items (textbook, assignment, calculator, notes, handouts, syllabus)
- Come a few days before the assignment is due. We're good, but we cannot work miracles!
- Come prepared: write down specific questions to ask and complete the assignment to the best of your ability before meeting with the tutors.
- Be an active participant during the tutoring sessions; take notes, ask questions, etc.
- Make appropriate child care arrangements. Children are not permitted in the Learning Center.
The Learning Center commonly offers tutoring in the following courses:
- math (including algebra, statistics, trigonometry, and calculus)
- English and ESL
- writing for all subjects
- biology (including A&P and microbiology)
- computer information systems
- plus many more...
For information on tutoring and testing services at the Brossman Learning Center, check out the Tutoring & Testing Frequently Asked Questions. (pdf)
Take advantage of FREE, walk-in workshops covering a wide range of college skills every semester. Check out this semester's schedule here: Summer 2013 Learning Skills Workshops. (pdf)
Additional Resources: The Brossman Learning Center has numerous software programs for students to use at their convenience; students can practice their skills with several mathematics and algebra, grammar and writing, and Peachtree accounting programs. The Learning Center also has an array of informational handouts to assist students with learning skills, including such topics as note-taking, time management, study tips, and test preparation, as well as information on course content and study skills podcasts available for FREE through public iTunesU. OAS also provides students online tutoring services through Smarthinking,. (pdf).
- Lori Corradino - Campus Director, Academic Success, M232C, 358-2860
- Amy Rivera - Academic Success Technician, M232E, 358-2878
- Jerry Holt- Academic Success Technician (Evening), M232E, 358-2878
Lancaster New Student Orientation PDFs: 10 steps FA Guide bookstorepp career lingo core counseling disability dual admission reg FAQs east main fscourses bookstore debit card onlinelib intern safetypp multicultural orientationpp regonline paying developmental individual ferparelease time transfer ugro conduct vehicle need.to.do who's.who zimride workshops