CDL Driving Certification Program
Truck Driving is one of the top five employers in the State of Pennsylvania. However, driving a Class “A” (Tractor Trailer) or Class “B” (Straight Truck over 26,001 lbs. GVW) requires a special license. This full time program will take you through all of the processes to obtain your CDL license from preparation for your permit test to fine tuning your skills after you pass the state CDL examination. This full time program is run Monday through Thursday 7:30 am-5:30 pm for 6 weeks (4 weeks for class “B”). This cost includes text books, drug and alcohol testing, preparation for your permit testing and your CDL test. The actual testing will be done by PennDOT and the school will supply all the necessary arrangements including the equipment and instructor to take you to pass your test.
Primary CDL training Program Areas:
|Students will be required to pay for their own federal required physical (ICC,) any Pennsylvania required permit(s), endorsements, criminal background checks (required for a Hazardous Material endorsement), etc.
- Preparation for CDL learner’s permit test
- Explanations of CDL responsibilities- security of cargo handling and documents, hours of service, hazardous materials
- Orientation to CDL Basic Systems, and Inspections- Control Systems, vehicle systems and Inspections
- Fundamentals of Truck Driving Basics- shifting, backing coupling, uncoupling
- Actual Driving Skills- speed and space management, night driving, railroad crossings, Hazard perceptions
- Advanced Driving Skills-Extreme driving conditions, emergency maneuvers, skid control and recovery, special rigs
- Personal Health and Safety-Diagnosing and reporting malfunctions, trip planning, accident procedures
Questions regarding this program may be directed to:
Phone: (717) 221-1357