Transfer Services has come up with the following Transfer Strategies
while at HACC, to ensure overall success after you graduate. First Semester
- CHECK OUT Transfer Services at your campus and become familiar with the transfer resources both in print and on-line.
- INFORM your advisor/counselor of your interest in transferring.
- MEET with the college representative during HACC's Transfer Events each semester.
- RESEARCH which college/university offers your intended major.
- COLLECT specific information on the above college/university with regards to cost, location, size, and grade point average (GPA).
- VISIT college/university that appears to match your needs.
- DEVELOP an educational plan that outlines courses that meet both HACC graduation requirements as well as transfer admission requirements.
- CONTACT your intended transfer school(s) to learn suggested as well as required admission and application deadlines.
- OBTAIN and submit a college admissions application.
- REQUEST official transcripts from your high school and any college/university you have attended to be forwarded to your intended transfer school.
- OBTAIN financial aid information and application from intended transfer school.
- MEET with your HACC advisor/counselor to make sure you have fulfilled all HACC graduation requirements.
- REQUEST final transcript from HACC to be forwarded to transfer school.
- CHECK with your intended transfer school to make sure you have fulfilled all admission requirements.