|Specially designed for Active Duty Military, National Guard Members, and Selected Reservists |
|HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College offers an Associate in Arts Degree - Business Studies with electives tailored to members of the military: Active Duty, National Guard, or Selected Reserves. This program is structured to allow the student maximum flexibility in scheduling individual courses and classes. The complete program is available at the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Gettysburg campuses. Completion of this program enhances promotion opportunities within the military and strengthens value in the civilian workplace. |
- Courses relate directly to knowledge critical to leaders in the modern military.
- Program enhances active duty and M-day military member's leadership & management skills.
- Program enhances military member's promotion potential.
- Courses may be scheduled during day and evening sessions.
- Classes can be scheduled at off-campus locations with sufficient student interest.
- Students may schedule as few as 3 credits per semester.
- Completion of the program results in a degree desired by civilian employers
- Credits earned in the program may be transferred to a 4-year institution in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree.
|Required Courses |
- Intro to Business Software*
- English Composition I*
- College Mathematics for Business*
- Principles of Accounting*
- Written Business Communications*
- Effective Speaking
- Business Law I*
|Recommended Electives |
- Dynamics of Supervision I
- Dynamics of Supervision II
- Principles of Management*
- Principles of Leadership
- Project Management
- Introduction to Philosophy*
- The Politics of States and Cities
- Introduction to Physical Science I*
|Five Electives from the Following List |
- Report and Technical Writing
- Principles of Economics I: Macro*
- History of the United States I*
- History of the United States II*
- The United States Since 1918
- Psychology of Adjustment*
- Social Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology*
- Introduction to Statistics*
- Weather and Climate
|* Course available in Video or Internet format. Visit HACC's Virtual Campus |
|HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Associate in Arts - Business Studies is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs. |
|HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College will evaluate previously completed college credits and military education. Credits earned at an approved college or university in courses equivalent to those in this Program of Study are generally transferable. The College may also grant credit completed in the military that has been evaluated by the American Council of Education and assigned a recommended credit value that is directly relevant to this Program of Study. |
|Many of the courses in this program are available through Video and Internet formats. |