Online Welcome Events
HACC invites students to attend a "Jump Start YOUR Success" event to help with the successful transition to learning in the online environment.
What does the program cover?
- Preparation for Online Learning
- Course and Login Information
- Success Tips
- Online Resources
Prepare for online classes by attending a Jump Start YOUR Success webinar. See dates and details listed below; click on the link to register. If you are unable to attend a live event, please view the Summer 2020 Jump Start YOUR Success Webinar recording.
Winter/Spring 2021 Jump Start Events:
- Monday, December 7, 12-1pm, Online Webinar
- Wednesday, January 13, 12-1pm or 5:30-6:30pm, Online Webinar
View Winter/Spring 2021 Jump Start Flyer
To access all Online Webinars click on the following Zoom link: https://hacc.zoom.us/j/94475870558. You may be prompted to download Zoom for free if you never used Zoom on your device before. Enter in your full name (first and last). You may find it helpful to view a video on how to join a Zoom meeting at https://youtu.be/vFhAEoCF7jg.
Prepare for online classes by reviewing the Jump Start YOUR Success resources below:
- HACC Student Resource Guide
- Brightspace D2L Tutorials for Students
- Logging into Brightspace by D2L
- Navigating Brightspace by D2L I
- Navigating Brightspace by D2L II
- Finding and Pinning a Course in Brightspace by D2L
- Brightspace Pulse App Information
- Student Email Etiquette Guide
- Remote and Online Learner Tips
- Zoom Tutorials for Students
- How to Scan and Upload a Document (Apple)
- How to Scan and Upload a Document (Android)
- Purchasing A Textbook- Video and Text
- Where to Find Help and Recommended Internet Browsers- Video and Text
- Testing and Proctoring Information- Video and Text
- Adding Classes- Video and Text
- Dropping Classes- Video and Text