New students to HACC may not meet the deadlines for HACC scholarships and have no additional financial support in their first term.
The Launch Your Future Grant (LYF) is a need-based grant funded by the HACC Foundation designed to help students who are just starting with HACC. The Grant provides FREE money to students for their educational expenses for the first year.
Selected students new to HACC are awarded the LYF Grant based on information submitted on the FAFSA. Each award is specifically based on criteria determined by the HACC Foundation and Financial Aid Department. This grant is based on limited funding and is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Eligible students must meet and maintain all the following requirements.
- Complete the FAFSA application beginning Oct. 1
- Have no prior HACC credits
- Enroll as a degree-seeking student
- Have a demonstrated need which is determined by FAFSA information
- NOT have a PELL-eligible Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is determined by the FAFSA
- Complete the grant application and thank-you letter by deadline
- Be enrolled in at least half time (six credit hours)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for the duration of the award
- Have a H number and access to their myHACC portal
The amount of the award will be based on the allocation each year. For 2020-21, the award is $1,500 for the academic year with a minimum enrollment of six credits. The award is not prorated based on full-time and part-time attendance.
Students selected for the LYF Grant will be notified the Financial Aid Department. Students must meet all deadlines to receive the grant.