Health Careers Information Sessions
We invite you to attend a health careers information session to learn more about our programs, the admission process, clinicals, and selective admission process.
What do information sessions cover?
An information session typically covers the following things. RSVP is required. Sessions are open to current and potential students.
- Hear from the program faculty and current students
- Get career information
- Learn about the essential qualifications (physical and behavioral)
- Learn about curriculum and expenses
- Find out what to expect in clinicals, including time commitments
- Learn about selective admission criteria, process, point system and class selection
- Get information on background checks, health forms, drug and alcohol screening, and other requirements
When are information sessions? Email RSVP IS REQUIRED as space is limited. Be sure to include your name, HACCid, phone and email address, along with date and time of session you wish to attend.
- Attend a (60-minute) Dental Hygiene program mandatory information session (currently all via ZOOM. All students interested in applying for the Fall 2021 Dental Hygiene Program must attend. RSVP required - Email RSVPDHadvising@hacc.edu to reserve your seat. Space is limited and sessions fill quickly.
- Include the following in the RSVP email:
- Your name, HACCID, phone number and email address (preferably Hawkmail) along with the date and time you plan to attend.
- No one will be admitted once the session has started so please arrive early. You will receive Zoom dial-in information 24-48 hours prior to the information session date.
- Wed, Nov 18, 8:30 am - LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THIS ONE IS 11/16.
- Mon, Nov 30, 6 pm - last day to sign up is Mon, Nov 23
- Wed, Jan 13, 2021, 6 pm - last day to sign up is Mon, Jan 11
- Thu, Jan 27, 2021, 6 pm - last day to sign up is Tue, Jan 25
- Attend a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) information session during your first semester at HACC - Preregistration required - email RSVPDMS@hacc.edu - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address and indicate DMS information session VIA ZOOM. Space is limited! You will receive Zoom information after you RSVP. Download an info session flier.
- Friday, January 29, 2021, 1:30-3:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 17, 6-7:30 pm
- Attend a Surgical Technology information session - HARRISBURG CAMPUS. Open to everyone. Required for students within one year of applying for clinicals. Preregistration required - email email@example.com - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address and indicate Surg Tech information session. Space is limited! After RSVP'ing, students will receive details on how to connect.
- Attend a Nursing information session. Preregistration required. Sessions tend to last about 2 hours - one hour presentation followed by a question/answer period. Get answers to all your nursing questions and learn about the following:
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
WHEN YOU RSVP, be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
After RSVP'ing, students will receive details on how to connect to Zoom. Please login before session is scheduled to begin.
Who can I contact for more information on our programs?
Please contact an Admissions Counselor, by phone at 800-ABC-HACC, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org