Certified Recovery Specialist
Learn about our Certified Recovery Specialist noncredit certificate program currently held at the Harrisburg Campus (Midtown 1 Center). Our program prepares students to take the PA Certification Board’s Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) examination.
*Please note that this program is open to anyone wishing to participate; however, only those meeting specific requirements may sit for the certification examination. Please refer to the PA Certification Board’s website for those specific requirements (www.pacertboard.org)
Effective April 1, 2017, the CRS credential requires the person applying for the CRS certification to have lived experience, to attest that they have had 18 months, in a continuous manner, of a personal lived recovery experience, and to provide a statement of lived experience as part of the CRS application process.
Where does HACC hold classes?
- HACC currently offers the program at the Harrisburg Campus/Midtown 1 Center.
Can I receive veterans education benefits for this program?
- Program approval is being requested.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
- Scholarships may be available for those who qualify. Please go to www.HACC.edu/scholarships for more information. Click on “Noncredit Scholarships”.
Where can I get more information?
- Download the Certified Recovery Specialist program flier which includes requirements, costs, hours, etc.
How do I enroll in the program?
- Contact any HACC Welcome Center to register for an upcoming CRS program either in person or by calling (717) 780-2414.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jackie Foster at (717) 221-1348.
Please note that HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the education provider only and our training is one part of a larger process to become a successful CRS. Participants must meet all of the other requirements before being certified.